Learn how you can call the shots. Get tools and information you can trust to help you manage your health care.
Putting Patients First®: Understanding Your Health Covereage Options. Click here.
- The NHC has filed comments to a proposed federal rule on redetermination, urging specific changes to ensure that people with chronic diseases and disabilities have access to insurance that meets their unique health and budget needs. To read more, please click here.
- NHC Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Marc Boutin submitted testimony to the House Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee about the MODDERN Cures Act and how to advance the development of treatments and cures for people with unmet medical needs. To read the testimony, please click here.
- The NHC has filed comments on the proposed rule on future exchange and insurance market standards, calling for more protections for people with chronic diseases and disabilities. To read more, please click here.
- To help consumers understand their out-of-pocket health care costs as they shop for a marketplace plan, the National Health Council has launched PuttingPatientsFirst.net, an interactive web-based suite of resources. Read more about the initiative here.
The National Health Council is collecting stories from patients about their experiences with the health insurance marketplaces and gaining access to health care coverage. If you have a story to share, please visit here.
- Rep. Leonard Lance (NJ-7) has introduced the MODDERN Cures Act, which aims to advance the development of new treatments for chronic and rare diseases and the creation of companion diagnostics. The National Health Council (NHC) and patient advocacy community strongly support passage of this legislation. NHC Chief Executive Officer Myrl Weinberg spoke at a news conference about the bill.
The mission of the National Health Council (NHC) is to provide a united voice for the millions of people living with chronic diseases and disabilities and their family caregivers. The NHC envisions a world in which all people receive health care that meets their personal needs and goals.
- Connect with People with Chronic Conditions - Comment on “A Different Normal: Living with a Chronic Condition”, a blog on WebMD, created with the help of the National Health Council. Visit the site by clicking here.
- Join the NHC on Facebook and Twitter. Show your support for health care that Puts Patients First.
Together, we share a hope for a better tomorrow. Will you help?