Welcome to the National Health Council's second online educational series, In the Pursuit of Value: An Introduction to Health Economics and Value Assessment. The series, comprised of seven modules, focuses on the basics of health economics and value assessment. Each module takes between 10-15 minutes to complete. The educational modules are best viewed using the Chrome web browser.
Module topics include:
- The Current Health Care Environment and the Role of Health Economics
- Getting to Know the Lingo
- Unlocking the Mysteries of the Quality-Adjusted Life Year (QALY)
- Budget Impact Analysis
- Value Frameworks
- The Patient Voice in Value: The NHC Patient-Centered Value Model Rubric
- Steps to Activation: The NHC Get-Ready Checklist
Once you have completed the educational series, please take a few minutes to provide feedback on your experience by taking this survey.
This program was developed in cooperation with the University of Maryland, Baltimore’s School of Pharmacy, the NHC Patient Value Advisory Committee, and the NHC Value Work Group.
This training was partially funded through a Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute® (PCORI®) Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award (8620-NHC). Thank you to Allergan, Amgen, Horizon Pharmaceuticals, Novartis, NPC, Pfizer, and PhRMA for sponsoring the NHC’s work on Value.