Founded in 1920, the National Health Council (NHC) is the only organization that brings together all segments of the health community to provide a united voice for the more than 160 million people with chronic diseases and disabilities and their family caregivers. Made up of more than 125 national health-related organizations and businesses, the NHC's core membership includes the nation’s leading patient advocacy organizations, which control its governance and policy-making process. Other members include health-related associations and nonprofit organizations including the provider, research and family caregiver communities and businesses representing biopharmaceutical, device, diagnostic, generic, and payer organizations.
The NHC has an opening for a full-time communications intern starting summer 2019. Interns will work on communications activities such as website copy writing and editing, social media content, newsletter writing and editing, and other activities to support the NHC’s health policy, advocacy, and legislative initiatives.
The communications intern provides support on NHC marketing communications initiatives by conducting research and assisting in preparing background documents, drafting copy, and other marketing communications activities. The intern will assist in tracking results.
The interns will report to a staff person who will oversee the intern’s activities.
- Excellent standing as a student or recent college graduate concentrating in communications, public relations, marketing, social/digital media, journalism, or related field.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively
- Attention to detail
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel expertise; familiarity with Drupal a plus.
- Past experience in health care positions/internships is a plus but not required
- Cover letter describing the applicant’s interests in patient advocacy, health policy communications, and the National Health Council
- Writing sample (published or unpublished)
Deadline for applications: open
Internships for course credit will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
No telephone inquiries will be accepted.