Position Overview: The Immune Deficiency Foundation (IDF), founded in 1980, is the national non-profit patient organization dedicated to improving the diagnosis, treatment and quality of life of persons with primary immune deficiency diseases (PI) through advocacy, education and research.
In 2013, IDF created the IDF Walk for Primary Immunodeficiency. It is a peer-to-peer fundraising initiative that is also intended to engage the local PI community, raise awareness of PI, and advance IDF's mission overall. The Development Manager will focus on growing and leading this program.
Primary responsibilities will focus on logistics and fundraising efforts connected to twelve fundraising walks in 2018. Secondary responsibilities will focus on increasing the number of volunteer-led community walks across the country.
The walks are powerful experiences for members of this rare disease community. This position will help generate greater participation, bringing much needed connection within the local PI community as well as advancing IDF's mission nationally.
Reports To: President & CEO
FLSA Classification: Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide fundraising support to walk teams across the country to meet the monetary goals of the walk. Steward and communicate with top fundraisers through-out the year.
- Assist walk participants with using the online fundraising system
- Oversee the day-to-day logistics
- Secure event locations in pre-determined markets
- Work with event vendors and secure below budget bids
- Ensure online fundraising system is up-to-date with any offline gifts received
- Oversee communication and stewardship of national sponsors
- Manage local sponsor solicitation as necessary
- Recruit medical center partners in each city
- Serve as staff support to volunteers
- Develop and update content for online fundraising system
- Oversee the development of social media content, email solicitation and all activity to promote the walk
- Provide excellent constituent relations with donors, prospects, and volunteers
- Attend and staff walks across the country
- Promote the walk at various IDF events (National Conference and more)
- Provide support to other development activities as needed
The Development Manager will work at IDF's office in Towson, MD, but will travel regularly throughout the year to walk sites and to support other IDF events (combination of weekdays, weeknights, and weekends).
DESIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important. Specific skills include:
- Outstanding writing skills
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills
- Can identify and design new program plans, content, and promotion
- Detail oriented
- Able to manage several projects simultaneously, often under strict deadline pressure
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented
- Can interact with stakeholders and represent the organization positively
- Able to work independently, and in a team environment
- Demonstrates creativity, a sense of humor, and a positive, professional attitude
- Can edit, revise, and receive feedback on writing
- Exercises judgment to sensitive and confidential information in a discrete and professional manner
- Able to articulate a compelling case for support to donors and prospects
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree
- Five or more years in development or closely related field
- Experience planning and/or staffing fundraising events
- Extensive experience with Team Raiser
- Experience with volunteer management
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Able to travel independently
- Able to drive a car
- Able to stand for several hours at a time at outside events
- Able to lift weights of at least 20 pounds
Resumes should be sent to email@example.com.