To apply, visit the ADA website.
The American Diabetes Association’s Public Policy & Strategic Alliances department enables the Association to raise voice with confidence, support people, and drive discovery through federal and state legislative and regulatory initiatives.
The Association seeks a Director of Public Policy with expertise in public policies related to health insurance or government health care coverage programs, such as Medicare, Medicaid, and/or state health insurance exchanges.
The primary responsibilities the of Director of Public Policy include:
• Collaborate and coordinate with federal and state lobbyists and volunteers to drive development and implementation of a proactive public policy agenda.
• Provide analysis of state and federal legislation and regulation to assess the impact on people with diabetes and prediabetes.
• Ensure advocacy positions are aligned with the Association’s Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes, evidenced-based, and consistent throughout the Association.
• Communicate Association’s public policy positions through written policy analyses; letters and comments to state and federal regulators and legislators; participation in coalition meetings; giving presentations; speaking to the media; and through Association publications.
• Develop and foster partnerships with regulators and organizations with similar goals to amplify the Association’s voice to advance our mission
Provide subject matter expertise to internal staff, legislators, regulators and the broader diabetes community.
• Translate public policies into educational information for the diabetes community to empower individuals with diabetes to make informed health care choices.
• Help drive the annual development and approval of the Association’s Legislative and Regulatory Priorities.
3 - 4 years relevant experience in health policy
Familiarity with legislative and regulatory processes at state and/or federal levels
Experience analyzing legislation and/or regulations
Strong analytical and writing skills
Ability to organize, shift priorities, and manage multiple projects with high degree of timeliness, accuracy and attention to detail
Bachelor’s degree, plus post-graduate courses or professional experience in health policy
Master’s degree preferred
Take Your Career On A Mission
Are you looking for a career that directly impacts your community and beyond?
Over 29 million Americans have diabetes and over 86 million have pre-diabetes. The ADA offers a rewarding career working for one of the premier voluntary health organizations in the world supporting people with Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes.
Our employees like working at the ADA because of our mission, the inclusive environment, work-life balance, our benefits, and our culture. Joining our dedicated team affords the gratification of knowing beyond a doubt that you will impact the lives and well-being of millions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the American Diabetes Association to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To find out more about the ADA as well as other exciting and fulfilling career opportunities please visit us at www.diabetes.org.
To apply, visit the ADA website.