The Personalized Medicine Coalition (PMC) seeks a Sr. Operations Coordinator for this fast-growing education and advocacy membership organization. The Sr. Operations Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the office and providing high quality and timely support to the organization. The Sr. Operations Coordinator is a member of the administrative team and reports to the Vice President of Operations. In this position, you will have the opportunity to support the performance of the organization and assume a collaborative role immediately, often engaging with cross-functional teams (Membership,
Finance/Administration, and Policy). Ideal candidates are career-oriented, autonomously driven, and comfortable working as part of a team.
- Takes the lead by performing all back of house operations.
- Partners with leadership on key initiatives, which support the team and drives member goals.
- Ensure compliance with all internal control procedures and maintain inventory.
- Provide support for membership and development: manage new member applications via
- membership database, member communications, and outreach for the purpose of recruitment and
- Provide meeting and event support: manage registration and member requests, help secure
- meeting space, manage on-site logistics, provide onsite assistance during the event, and schedule
- and support executive travel.
- Provide support for daily office functioning: field telephone calls, coordinate incoming and
- outgoing mail, process expense forms, manage supply inventory, track office calendar, and
- maintain general office tidiness.
- Provide support to the Board of Directors: Manage the general correspondence and coordination
- of the Board of Directors in conjunction with PMC’s President and collect minutes at Board
- Other duties as assigned.
- Helpful, positive, and able to solve problems
- Has a passion for providing excellent customer service
- Bachelors degree with 2 years administrative experience required, with experience in nonprofit administrative systems preferred
- Organized, able to work independently and interdependently, welcoming to the public
- Quick study on new computer programs
- Flexibility to adjust to dynamic work environment
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize multiple tasks according to current and future organizational needs
- Good sense of humor
- Willingness to travel to occasional seminars, conferences, and meetings
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Office Professional XP, Constant Contact, and Database Management Systems (e.g. iMIS, YourMembership, Raiser’s Edge etc.) HTML a plus
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Be sure to put the job title in the subject line of the email and indicate how you learned of this position.
About the PMC:
PMC promotes the advancement of personalized medicine by addressing topics critical to the field, including regulatory, reimbursement, ethical, and educational issues. Based on the diversity of its membership, PMC has become the pre-eminent voice shaping policy about and increasing investment in personalized medicine. The Coalition provides opinion leadership on public policy issues that affect personalized medicine; helps educate policymakers in government, industry,
and academia about the benefits of personalized medicine; and serves as a forum for identifying and informing others of public policies that could advance or impede the development of personalized medicine. To learn more, visit our website: