Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Senior Director, User Services
Wage Category: FT/Non-Exempt
Assists the User Services Team in delivering timely and effective technology support to NKF staff related to desktop, laptop, hardware, and software issues, as well as providing general user guidance and troubleshooting.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates, resolves, and tracks incoming user requests for technical assistance with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related issues, troubleshooting common support/help desk issues, escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Monitors and responds timely and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk and tickets assigned.
- Assists with the setup of new workstations and laptops including installing operating systems, applications, and hardware components.
- Prepares equipment (laptops, desktops, boardroom peripherals, etc.) for employee travel, meetings, and training sessions, etc.
- Assists with onboarding orientation of new hires.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university and minimum 3 years equivalent technical work experience required (e.g. help desk, hardware repair, I.T. user services).
- Must exhibit a high degree of flexibility and efficiency, and maintain effectiveness under pressure.
- Must be able to perform physical activity such as but not limited to, lifting computers, peripheral equipment, supplies, etc.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision at times and to adopt new skills.
- Excellent verbal communication, organization and interpersonal skills required as well as the ability to convey technical information in a non-technical way.
- Must be comfortable interacting with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Must be able to competently identify, record, and track hardware and software problems, escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Strong troubleshooting skills required including remote/phone support.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Windows 7, & Windows 10.
- Basic knowledge of Windows Active Directory.
- Troubleshooting printer problems as well as printer management.
- Fundamental networking knowledge preferred.
- Must be flexible for overtime in mission-critical situations.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: