Back to School with the NHC: Patient Community Training on Value Assessment
Who: Patient group staff, advocates
When: Friday, September 6, 2019, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET
Where: Pillsbury Law Office, 1200 17th St NW, Washington, DC 20036
What: Introductory and intermediate training will be offered. So, if value assessment is new to you, join us to learn the basics. If you are already familiar, join us to learn more.
The health care system in the United States is transforming how it delivers and pays for care. Value assessment has become an integral part of the health care cost discussion. Join us on September 6 for a day-long training on value assessment specifically for the patient community. This program will introduce staff and members of patient and community organizations to value assessment in the US with emphasis on inclusion of the patient voice and use of findings.
- Value and the Current Health Care Environment
- A Primer on Value Assessment and the Lingo
- Case Studies of Patient Involvement in Value Assessment
- The Role of Value Assessment in Payer Decision-Making
- What Does a Value Assessment Actually Look Like and How Can I Engage?
- Communicating the Importance of Engagement in Value Assessment to your Board, Staff, and Constituents
To view the full agenda, please click here.
Registration: Registration is free, but spaces are limited, so please register today!
Scholarships: The National Health Council has scholarships available to attendee, please apply via this form
Information: Please contact Aimee Lee Russell with questions or for more information.
This program was funded through a Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute® (PCORI®) Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award (8620-NHC).