NHC Educational Program: Quality
Welcome to the National Health Council's first online educational series, Increasing Patient-Community Capacity to Engage on Quality of Health Care. The series, comprised of six modules, focuses on why quality is important in the current health care environment and how patients and patient organizations can become strong advocates for quality. Each module takes between 10-15 minutes to complete. Module topics include:
- The Changing Health Care Environment and the Important Role of Quality
- Why Quality Matters for Patients
- Everything You Wanted to Know But Were Too Afraid to Ask
- Where Do Quality Measures Come From?
- The Role of Quality in Value-Based Payment
- Turning What We’ve Learned into Practice
Once you have completed the educational series, please take a few minutes to provide feedback on your experience by taking this survey.
The content of this series was funded through a PCORI Eugene Washington Engagement Award (3314-NHC). The NHC Quality Patient Advisory Committee (QPAC) was key in helping develop the content in a way that addresses the most important elements of health care quality from the patient perspective.
Thank you to Bristol-Myers Squibb, PhRMA, Alkermes, and Amgen for sponsoring the NHC's work on quality.