Position Overview: The Immune Deficiency Foundation (IDF), founded in 1980, is the national non-profit patient organization dedicated to improving the diagnosis, treatment and quality of life of persons with primary immunodeficiency diseases (PI) through advocacy, education and research. In 2013 IDF created IDF Walk for Primary Immunodeficiency, currently in 12 cities across the U.S. The walk is a peer-to-peer fundraising initiative that is also intended to engage the local PI community, raise awareness of
PI and advance IDF’s mission overall. To fuel the walk’s growth and to maintain activity at existing walk sites, personal engagement of current and potential Team Captains is necessary. This primary focus of this position is the recruitment and activation of new teams for each walk in order to position the walks to reach their attendance and fundraising goals. Additional areas of focus include tasks that support the overall walk initiative. The walks are powerful experiences for members of this rare disease community. This position will help generate greater participation, bring much needed connection within the local PI community as well as advance IDF’s mission nationally.
Reports To: Development Manager – IDF Walk for PI
Position(s) Supervised: None
FLSA Classification: Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contact and engage constituents to create new fundraising teams for each walk.
- Motivate existing Team Captains to reactivate their fundraising teams.
- Work with medical professionals to recruit and engage new “Medical Center Partners.”
- Update online and offline promotional content, develop new content.
- Coordinate with colleagues to identify/engage constituents not yet connected to IDF.
- Help develop volunteer committees for each walk.
- Travel to and staff multiple walks, and other IDF events.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Outgoing and ability to communicate warmly and effectively with constituents via e-mail, phone and inperson.
- Strong writing skills.
- Motivated by reaching numerical goals.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously with strict deadlines.
- Able to work both independently, and in a team environment.
- Demonstrates creativity, a sense of humor and a positive, professional attitude.
- Able to exercise judgment to sensitive and confidential information in a discrete and professional.
- manner, and can represent IDF tactfully and diplomatically.
- Has experience with constituent relationship management (CRM) databases.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience working on fundraising events preferred.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers preferred.
- Communications background preferred.
- Three years of experience in relevant fields.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Is able to travel by automobile, train and airline without assistance
Is able to interact with groups of people in healthcare facilities, in small group settings, and at large events.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; climb stairs; sit for long periods of time; use hands & fingers for writing and typing. Possible lifting of supplies and materials up to and
including 20 lbs. multiple times. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision for reviewing documents on the computer or hardcopy.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.