Position Overview: The Immune Deficiency Foundation (IDF), founded in 1980, is the national nonprofit patient organization dedicated to improving the diagnosis, treatment and quality of life of people with primary immunodeficiency diseases (PI) through advocacy, education and research. This position will work independently and/or as part of a team to facilitate the execution of communications projects and programs to support the IDF’s mission. This position is responsible for creation of effective communications, working collaboratively with members of the Communications and other departments to generate and implement integrated communications, and to write, edit and produce content for a variety of audiences. The Communications Coordinator must have excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
Reports To: Vice President of Communications
Position(s) Supervised: None FLSA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage marketing and communications of various Foundation programs.
- Write and edit content for various communications, including print materials, websites, blogs,newsletters and social media.
- Responsible for management of various social media platforms, including developing content and generating activity to engage new and existing users.
- Create marketing materials for IDF Walk for Primary Immunodeficiency, the Foundation’s key fundraising initiative, in cooperation with the Development Department.
- Design graphics and materials for web and print.
- Manage production of publications and mass mailings with multiple vendors.
- Support all communications tasks and initiatives.
- Periodically travel and attend evening and weekend events.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Thorough understanding of marketing and communication principles.
- Outstanding writing/editing skills, and ability to adapt writing style as necessary to communicate through varied communications to varied audiences. Ability to edit, revise, and give/receive feedback on writing.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team, and make key decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively, under strict deadline pressure.
- Effective planning, scheduling, researching, interviewing and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Graphic design proficiency.
- Web, digital and social media savvy.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, social media platforms, e-mail marketing systems, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including capacity to work with staff at all levels.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented.
- Ability to interact with the greater community, and represent the Foundation tactfully and diplomatically.
- Creativity and flexibility as well as a positive, professional attitude.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 2 years of experience in communications, marketing, graphic design preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Is able to travel by automobile, train and airline occasionally.
- Is able to interact with groups of people in both small and group settings.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods of time;
- use hands and fingers for writing and typing; lifting of supplies and materials up to and including 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision for reviewing documents or hardcopy.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org