Department: Field Services
Reports to: Regional Vice President Wage Category: FT/Exempt
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The National Kidney Foundation is the leading organization in the U.S. dedicated to the awareness, prevention and treatment of kidney disease for hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals, millions of patients and their families and tens of millions of Americans at risk.
Under the supervision of the Regional Vice President and working in collaboration with Central Region staff, the Community Outreach Manager is responsible for providing logistic, fundraising and logistic support on the following events and programs: Kidney Walks, Golf Classic, Galas, KEEP Healthy, Your Kidneys & You, Big Ask, Big Give, and any other conferences in their Region.
This relationship should be characterized by effective communications, a positive attitude toward the growth of the Foundation and the achievement of its mission, through mutual understanding of the goals and development objectives of the National Organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with staff in Iowa and South Dakota in planning, budgeting, executing and evaluating special events held in Iowa, South Dakota and North Dakota, including: The Central Iowa Kidney Walk, the Central Iowa Golf Classic, the South Dakota Kidney Walk, the South Dakota Golf Tournament, KEEP Healthy, Big Ask, Big Give and other events, as needed.
- Leads the logistic activities related to the NKF Golf Classic and the Kidney Walk in Iowa and the Dakotas.
- Manage aspects of social media for the Iowa and South Dakota offices.
- Manage aspects of the NKF fundraising database, Salesforce.
- Manage Kidney Walk team fundraising, Golf Classic team registrations, and communications to each respective group of supporters.
- Recruits committee members and volunteers.
- Administers the volunteer management process for Iowa and South Dakota.
- Update local website to reflect all current activities, events and information.
- Administer the KEEP Healthy and Your Kidneys & You volunteer training.
- Performs additional duties and special projects, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum 2 years of job-related fundraising and volunteer management experience.
- Experience coordinating special events.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word for Windows, Excel, Power Point and Publisher.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible to work weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Flexible for overnight business travel.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: