The Immune Deficiency Foundation (IDF), founded in 1980, is the national non-profit patient organization dedicated to improving the diagnosis, treatment and quality of life of persons with primary immune deficiency diseases (PI) through advocacy, education and
This position will take ownership of IDF’s data management needs. This position will take initiative; provide leadership, direction, and innovative solutions in managing the Civi CRM database. This position interacts directly with end-users to understand the business
requirements and technology objectives in servicing data requests.
Reports To: Director of Technology
Position(s) Supervised: None
FLSA Classification: Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take ownership of the CRM database and be the Civi subject matter expert
- Coordinate and manage operational database tasks with administrative staff
- Work with IDF departments in the planning and implementation of database changes as well as systems that integrate with Civi
- Work with developers on Civi enhancements, integration with other data systems, web services, and testing
- Participate in the continuous efforts to improve the performance and functionality of the CRM platform
- Maintain policies and procedures for database manual
- Ascertain individual Civi training needs and manage training
- Manage and maintain reporting requests and/or data extracts for individual users or departments
- Troubleshoot and triage database user or operational issues
- Oversee all quality assurance (QA) to ensure new records are following the style guide and have correct information
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand user requests and translate them into technical requirements
- Experience with documenting new and existing processes as well as updating existing documentation when changes are necessary
- Experience working with customer relationship management applications, preferably Civi CRM
- Project management experience
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Polished, professional demeanor
- Ability to work well with others
- Excellent organizational skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience is also acceptable. Knowledge of Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Is able to travel by automobile, train and airline occasionally.
- Is able to interact with groups of people in both small and group settings.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods of time; use hands and fingers for writing and typing; occasional lifting of supplies and materials up to and including 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision for reviewing documents or hardcopy and computer monitor.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.