Position Overview: The Immune Deficiency Foundation (IDF), founded in 1980, is the national non-profit patient organization dedicated to improving the diagnosis, treatment and quality of life of persons with primary immune deficiency diseases (PI) through advocacy, education and research. In 2013 IDF created the IDF Walk for Primary Immunodeficiency. It is a peer-to-peer fundraising initiative that is also intended to engage the local PI community, raise awareness of PI, and advance IDF’s mission overall. To fuel the walk’s growth and to maintain activity at existing walk sites, personal engagement of current and potential Team Captains is necessary. This primary focus of this position is supporting IDF Walk for PI staff in tasks that support the overall walk initiative. The walks are powerful experiences for members of this rare disease community. This position will help generate greater participation, bringing much needed connection within the local PI community as well as advancing IDF’s mission nationally.
Reports To: Development Manager – IDF Walk for PI
Position(s) Supervised: None
FLSA Classification: Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support constituents who are creating new fundraising teams for each walk
- Manage logistics for the events (i.e. collect vendor bids, research potential walk sites, oversee walk inventory)
- Communicate with and support sponsor representatives who will be exhibiting at walks
- Coordinate with colleagues to identify/engage constituents not yet connected to IDF
- Travel to and staff multiple walks, and other IDF events
- Assist the Gift Processing Specialist with accurately processing and keying donation made to IDF via check, credit card, direct deposit and import files
- Assist the Gift Processing Specialist with accurately keying/uploading donations from other constituent sources including, Facebook, Rallybound, Team Raiser, etc.
- Assist with data pulls, both scheduled and on-demand
- Create, update and merge constituent information
- Review, update and maintain data records to ensure accuracy and data integrity
- Provides administrative support to walk and development team.
- Coordinate mailings and mass-emails
- Assist in supporting and providing reports to the team to include individual giving and Walk for PI
- Take Minutes during meetings
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Outgoing and ability to communicate warmly and effectively with constituents via e-mail, phone, and in-person
- Strong writing skills
- Motivated by reaching numerical goals
- Extremely detail oriented
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously, with strict deadlines
- Able to work both independently, and in a team environment
- Demonstrates creativity, a sense of humor, and a positive, professional attitude
- Able to exercise judgment to sensitive and confidential information in a discrete and professional manner, and can represent IDF tactfully and diplomatically
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working on fundraising events preferred
- Experience working with and managing volunteers preferred
- Communications background preferred
- Two years of experience in relevant fields
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Is able to travel by automobile, train, and airline without assistance
- Is able to interact with groups of people in healthcare facilities, in small group settings, and at large events.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; climb stairs, and sit for long periods of time; use hands & fingers for writing and typing; Possible lifting of supplies and materials up to and including 20 pounds multiple times. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision for reviewing documents on the computer or hardcopy.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.