Reports to: Development Director Wage Category: FT/Exempt
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The National Kidney Foundation is the leading organization in the U.S. dedicated to the awareness, prevention and treatment of kidney disease for hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals, millions of patients and their families and tens of millions of Americans at risk.
The Development Manager is responsible for the on-going growth and success of NKF fund-raising events in Northern California. With the direction of the Development Director, the Development Manager will take the lead in the execution, fund raising and volunteer engagement of the Silicon Valley Kidney Walk and collaborate on fundraising, execution and volunteer engagement of the San Francisco Authors Luncheon. Other responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
The Development Manager works closely with the Development Director to attain the income necessary to achieve the Division’s mission. This relationship should be characterized by effective communication, a positive attitude toward the growth of the Foundation, and the achievement of its mission through mutual understanding of goals and development objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise planning, budgeting, execution and evaluation of each event.
- Identify, solicit, and manage event sponsors and supporters; identify, cultivate, recruit, solicit, and steward sponsors and sponsor prospects.
- Work directly with companies and individuals to assist them in setting their goals and maximizing revenues.
- Increase recruitment of new teams and participants, retention of past teams and participants, and overall team revenue.
- Oversee logistical requirements for pre and post events and onsite execution.
- Work closely with Development Director to ensure that strong committee structures are in place. Attend Committee and Captain meetings regularly and consistently.
- Secure in-kind donations to reduce costs and increase community involvement and engagement.
- Help execute and administer grant writing for special events.
- Manage online fund raising websites to promote the events, support individual fundraising, and generate reports. Maintain accurate and thorough records of all activities and ensure that required reports are properly prepared and submitted to the National Office.
- Track and analyze timelines and benchmarks to determine true event and donor engagement towards meeting overall goals.
- Implement, execute, evaluate and revise as needed, ongoing community outreach strategies and year-round team recruitment and cultivation programs.
- Recruit volunteers and provide support to volunteer planning committees.
- Maintain event budgets, financial reports and records.
- Develop proposals for event-related marketing and public relations.
- Develop innovative methods for the Region to maximize its net income, including ancillary fund-raising activities at events and additional sponsorship opportunities.
- Meet income goals for events and special initiatives.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in fund raising with an emphasis on special events.
- Proven track record in fundraising and in growing special events. Prior experience managing volunteers.
- Experience in a health care field or with a voluntary health organization a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience recruiting, training and managing volunteers.
- Excellent organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Flexible to work weekends and evenings when needed and to travel within the region and state as needed.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: