Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Senior Director, Human Resources Wage Category: FT/Non-Exempt
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The National Kidney Foundation is the leading organization in the U.S. dedicated to the awareness, prevention and treatment of kidney disease for hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals, millions of patients and their families and tens of millions of Americans at risk.
The Human Resources Coordinator will assist the overall Human Resources Department in the following areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance.
He/she will work closely with the Human Resources team to assist in staff development, employee recruitment, policy enforcement, and records management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the Foundation’s HRIS system, ADP Workforce Now, and provide support and training to administrators and staff.
- Regular attendance audits for specified time off policies.
- Prepare and administer orientation and onboarding tasks for new hires, including 30/90-day reviews.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Research advertising opportunities for job postings for field offices such as colleges and universities, agencies, and local advertising directories.
- Assist with temporary workforce hiring program; obtaining approvals, references and working with employment agencies in setting up candidates.
- Assist with recruitment efforts, including interview coordination, conducting background checks and reference checks for potential employees.
- Coordinate meetings/conference calls.
- Assist with the administration of the internship program.
- Assist with benefit vendors and retirement programs to ensure that employees are kept up to date with the services provided to them and that administration of information is accurate.
- Assist with all HR Communications via email and on intranet (Kidney Connect), such as organizational charts, posting open positions and staff updates.
- Work closely with events and activities committee, the Vice President, Human Resources to promote staff recognition and engagement.
- Handle routine correspondence for the Human Resources Department including hiring letters, employment verifications, background, and reference checks.
- Prepare and process check/contract requests, credit card expenses, and billing for the HR department.
- Maintain overall HR filing.
- Assist with the annual EEOC filing.
- Provide customer service to staff as needed.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Performing additional duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 1-3 years job related administrative or office management experience, preferably with a national nonprofit health organization.
- Strong time management and leadership skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Experience with ADP Workforce Now, Concur, Erequester is a plus.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment in building relationships across all organizational levels and functions.
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations that involve confidential and sensitive matters.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: