Department: Scientific Activities
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Scientific Operations Wage Category: PT/Exempt
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The National Kidney Foundation is the leading organization in the U.S. dedicated to the awareness, prevention and treatment of kidney disease for hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals, millions of patients and their families and tens of millions of Americans at risk.
This position is responsible for the professional management of the Kidney Disease Outcomes Quality Initiative (KDOQI). KDOQI includes evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for the care of people with kidney disease, and related programs to increase knowledge and facilitate implementation of best practices in diagnosing and treating chronic kidney disease and its complications. These include, but are not limited to, the development, implementation and oversight of medical symposia, publication of special articles, the development of education materials, and maintenance and expansion of the KDOQI web pages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the development of special reports/articles including facilitating contributions of multiple authors, compiling, editing, referencing, proofing and submitting the manuscript for publication to designated journal. Works with the journal editorial staff and authors to review the page proofs and reconcile queries.
- Represents NKF at professional conferences by staffing exhibits and prepares materials for distribution.
- Coordinates strategic planning and ongoing communication among KDOQI Chair, KDOQI Vice Chairs for Education, Commentaries, and NKF staff.
- Manages simultaneous work groups assigned to accomplish various guideline-related activities, such as KDOQI Guideline Updates, Commentaries and educational/awareness projects.
- Develops and assures a continuity of clear written and verbal communication to work group chairs and members, and KDOQI leadership. Proactively communicates information to volunteers and staff as necessary.
- Facilitates all aspects of guideline update development including literature review, achieving consensus, writing and editing of guideline statements and rationales and final document.
- Creates and manages ongoing timelines for all phases of guideline and commentary development, including conference calls and face-to-face work group meetings, deadlines for submission of draft documents, and responses to comments.
- Develops and implements ideas for maintaining and improving all stages of guideline development including the review process.
- Coordinates efforts with the Marketing team and provides content for promotional and public relations materials relating to KDOQI products.
- Assists with the development and review of guideline-related tools for patients and professionals, including continuing education programs.
- Write content for website for promotion of KDOQI activities.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or medicine from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 5 years’ work related experience in medical project management. Experience developing healthcare guidelines is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a nonprofit or health care setting is preferred.
- General understanding of science or medicine and the ability to communicate orally and in writing to medical professionals.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and all health care volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with deadlines and time pressures and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent problem solving ability and strong attention to details.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word applications.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: