The National Office of The ALS Association is recruiting a Manager, Development Operations - Chapter Data. Reporting to the Director, Development Operations, the position is responsible for supporting chapters with fundraising data operations related to data integration and reconciliation, data hygiene processes, and Direct Mail data coordination. This position will coordinate/lead trainings and also implement data projects to strengthen data integrity and analytics across the Association. Must be a detail-oriented team player with combined skills of customer service and data operations. This position will on the Development team and based at the National Office of The ALS Association in Washington, D.C. We will consider a remote location outside of the D.C. / MD / VA area.
- Responsibilities and Duties: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide general chapter support for data integration processes, including trouble-shooting and vendor coordination
- Answer questions from chapters around data hygiene best practices, reports and tasks
- Help chapters navigate Salsa CRM, Raiser’s Edge, and Luminate Online tools by providing guidance on queries, reports, imports, custom fields, etc.
- Coordinate and/or lead trainings for chapters around data tools and processes
- Coordinate communications to chapters related to data operations updates
- Work with vendor representatives for data integration projects and issues
- With feedback from chapters, analyze and implement enhanced data sync focusing on prioritized data elements
- Manage weekly execution of data hygiene operations, including facilitating requests between chapters
- Perform data clean-up projects, as needed
- Assist chapters with keeping direct mail queries current in Salsa CRM, including sending deadline communications for updating queries and sending last minute suppression lists
- Produce and format direct mail appeal and gift files and coordinate import into chapter databases
- Process monthly chapter gift redirection requests, working very closely with the Finance team
- Lead chapter support and implementation for data sharing and integration projects, including auditing databases, capturing requirements, coordinating exports/imports, being liaison between vendors, creating reports and analytics, and providing ongoing chapter support
- Convey a professional and positive image that reflects favorably on The ALS Association.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of and experience using Database Software (Salsa CRM); Development Software (Raiser’s Edge); Online Fundraising tools (Luminate Online); Salesforce, Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); and Presentation software (PowerPoint).
- At least three years’ experience in a non-profit environment with demonstrated experience in database operations, data hygiene, and/or other fundraising work.
- Experience and familiarity with the Association’s data sync and other processes a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships all levels of staff and volunteers, patients, donors and chapter partners;
- Establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, establish priorities and handle multiple priorities simultaneously, and meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills; ability to use systematic approach to recognize issues, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimal supervision.
The ALS Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity