The Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation (OIF) seeks a Manager of Professional Education and Outreach. The manager will develop and provide materials, trainings and meetings aimed at assisting medical professionals with providing care to their patients with osteogenesis imperfecta (OI). In addition, the manager will provide opportunities for collaboration with other medical professionals through OIF sponsored events and activities and will serve as the primary contact with professional societies and other organizations interested in OI research and treatment. The manager will also work closely with the OI Foundation’s Health Educator in providing medically verified information to constituents.
- Prepare, update and distribute education materials for a variety of medical professionals including physicians, nurses and social workers.
- Keep current the OIF Toolkit for Medical Professionals housed on the OIF website.
- Work closely with the CEO on Brittle Bone Disorders Consortium activities including attending meetings, preparing reports on OIF activities and engaging with BBDC Principal Investigators as needed.
- Plan the OI Foundation’s annual scientific meeting. Engage potential leadership for the meeting and work to develop a strong scientific agenda with the meeting chairs.
- Represent OIF at professional society meetings and other professional meetings including those at the NIH, FDA etc.
- Update and keep current the OIF website pages dedicated to OI related scientific research.
- Keep updated information on OIF Medical Advisory Council members and previous grant recipients including Geisman Fellows.
- Keep current with OI related research.
- Work as part of the OIF team in planning the biennial national conference.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with medical professionals in a research setting.
- Knowledge of how to manage the effectiveness of campaigns and outreach programs.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and two years of experience working with a patient advocacy or voluntary health organization.
The open position is based in the OI Foundation’s national office in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
The Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Join us as we work together to find new and improved treatments for people living with OI.
Questions, resumes and CVs should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 12, 2019.