The Immune Deficiency Foundation (IDF), founded in 1980, is the national non-profit patient organization dedicated to improving the diagnosis, treatment and quality of life of persons with primary immune deficiency diseases (PI) through advocacy, education and
The Manager of Volunteer Development (MVD) is responsible for maximizing volunteer and intern involvement—through recruitment, onboarding, and retaining volunteers. . Although the MVD reports to the Associate Vice President of Community Services, s/he will interact closely with other staff members in all departments and promote strong working relationships between staff and volunteers.
Reports To: Associate Vice President of Community Services
Position(s) Supervised: None
FLSA Classification: Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Volunteer Recruitment/Onboarding. Responsible for recruiting and onboarding volunteers including development of recruitment strategies, documentation of onboarding activities, orientation and training on volunteer position responsibilities.
- Volunteer Communications. Manages communication with volunteers to answer questions about assignment responsibilities, provide resources to support successful engagements with families with PI, and encourage volunteers’ adherence to program tracking and guidelines.
- Volunteer Tracking. Tracks all program activity for recruitment and patient-volunteer engagements to support program monitoring and evaluation.
- Volunteer Appreciation and Retention. Oversees activities and initiates changes to maximize volunteer retention.
DESIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
Demonstrated expertise in volunteer management
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience, preferably national in scope; supervising at a distance and virtually
- Strong writing skills with attention to detail
- Ability to use Internet tools to build community
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree required. Knowledge of Samaritan software, volunteer administration training and certification (CVA) preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Is able to travel by automobile, train and airline.
- Is able to interact with groups of people in both small and group settings.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time; use hands and fingers for writing and typing; lifting of supplies and materials up to and including 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision for reviewing documents or hardcopy.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org