National Health Council
Thursday, November 8, 2018
Please direct a cover letter and resume directly (by or before November 26) to email: NHCPOSITIONS@NHCouncil.org.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Associate provides administrative and programmatic support to the Senior Director, Research and Programs and the Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives.
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Research and Programs
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Collaborates with all NHC staff and interacts with members at all levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as project lead on an assortment of NHC programmatic activities, including research, training, conferences, dialogues, roundtables, and other related activities
- Conduct research and analysis related to ongoing NHC programs
- Assist with preparing written reports, white papers, proceedings, posters, etc. to disseminate NHC research and programmatic efforts
- Provide programmatic support (e.g., scheduling meetings, organizing advisory boards, taking and/or distributing meeting minutes)
- Assist in preparing grant and other funding and sponsorship applications to support research and programmatic efforts
- Identify and track research and programmatic funding from government, philanthropic, and private industry organizations
- Provide meetings and logistical support (e.g., scheduling meetings, taking and/or distributing meeting minutes)
- Attend and prepare summaries on relevant hearings, briefings, coalition meetings, and conferences
- Provide general administrative support (e.g., copying, filing, managing
- databases, performing relevant record keeping, making travel arrangements, processing reimbursement, and assisting with office-wide administrative tasks)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent writing and editing skills; experience drafting white papers and/or manuscripts
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to juggle multiple programs and projects
- Ability to troubleshoot and work well under pressure
- Interest in patient-centricity and patient engagement
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Self-motivated and ability to work proactively and independently when necessary
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree is required and research, administrative or programmatic experience, preferably within a nonprofit, research or health organization, are a plus.