Founded in 1920, the National Health Council (NHC) is the only organization that brings together all segments of the health community to provide a united voice for the more than 160 million people with chronic diseases and disabilities and their family caregivers. Made up of more than 125 national health-related organizations and businesses, the NHC's core membership includes the nation’s leading patient advocacy organizations, which control its governance and policy-making process. Other members include health-related associations and nonprofit organizations including the provider, research and family caregiver communities and businesses representing biopharmaceutical, device, diagnostic, generic, and payer organizations.
The NHC has an opening for a paid, full-time research intern starting spring or summer 2019. Interns will work on research activities such as conducting qualitative interviews and literature reviews.
- Excellent standing as a current student or recent graduate (undergraduate or graduate) concentrating in public health, sociology or related field.
- Research experience, especially qualitative research
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel expertise; familiarity with NVivo or other qualitative data analysis software is a plus.
- Past experience in health care positions/internships is a plus but not required
- Applicants should submit the following items to NHCPositions@nhcouncil.org.
- Cover letter describing the applicant’s research experience and interests in patient engagement and the National Health Council
- List of three references, with name, title, organization, email address and telephone number.