- M. Suzanne Schrandt, Director, Patient Engagement, Arthritis Foundation
- Jason Harris, Director, Public Policy, Lupus Foundation of America
- Dory Kranz, Chief Executive Officer, National Alopecia Areata Foundation
- Rebekah Angove, Vice President, Patient Experience & Program Evaluation, Patient Advocate Foundation
- Nancy Law, Chief Executive Officer, Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America
- Kate Avery, Director of Research, Beyond Celiac
- John Boyle (and Lynn Albizo), President & CEO, Immune Deficiency Foundation
- Barbara Collura, President & Chief Executive Officer, RESOLVE
- Tracy Hart, Chief Executive Officer, Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation
- Louise Vetter , President & Chief Executive Officer, Huntington’s Disease Society of America
- Ellen Ivey, National Advocacy Policy Director, Strategic Customer Group, Oncology, Solid Tumor, Johnson & Johnson
Tools to Support Sponsor-Patient Engagement: Fair-Market-Value Calculator and Engagement Templates
The NHC wants to ensure that all stakeholders confidently enter into ongoing, compliant, and sustainable engagement efforts that effectively drive health care innovation based on patient and caregiver insights, which must be collected in a trusted and high-quality manner. This project aims to support sustainable agreements between stakeholders and the patient and caregiver community as part of medical product development by:
Glossary of Patient Engagement Terms
The definitions of these terms, which includes Family Caregiver, Meaningful Engagement, and Patient-Focused Drug Development, stem largely from our patient engagement work, including our ‘Patient-Focused Drug Development - Recommended Language for Use in Guidance Document Development’ Paper with Genetic Alliance, as well as our Value Rubric, and Representativeness Rubric.
- The Sentinel System— An Overview of FDA’s Tools for Assessing Medical Product Safety and Gathering Real-World Evidence
- Introducing the NHC’s Rubric to Capture the Patient Voice
- IRS Policy on High-Deductible Health Plans Impacting Americans with Chronic Conditions
- Three-part webinar series on Patient Engagement in Value Assessment
- Three-part webinar series on Alternative Payment Models
Each year, the National Health Council (NHC) hosts the Washington Representatives Retreat, a two-day event to gather staff from NHC member organizations to address strategic, operational, and development issues in the health policy environment.
The National Health Council has produced an array of publications that provide Council members and those in the health community with valuable information and resources.